41 total views, 1 views today
Millions of people all over the world are selling items online making income from the comfort of their homes. Whether its collectibles from your childhood or the antiques you received from your aunt, these items can easily become big-ticket moneymakers through eBay. The process is simple with free tutorials, educational DVD’s and training courses in a town near you. Once you have the basics under your belt, you are ready to move on to using ten simple steps for effective sales on eBay.
Ten Simple Sales Steps
1. Low opening bid. Begin with a low opening bid with no reserve. This will draw customers to your item and as bids increase your end profit will be worthwhile.
2. Accurate S&H cost. Be sure to use the shipping calculator provided by eBay. This will ensure that you provide your customer with a true shipping and handling cost. This information makes the overall cost search appeal to customers.
3. Simple payment method. Using a simple, clear payment method such as PayPal will appeal to customers and will be a tool that will draw return customers due to the simplicity of ordering and payment.
4. Keyword title. Using a solid title for your item will draw customer attention. Having a clear title will allow customers to use time searching wisely and that is much appreciated.
5. Concise item description. If customers can read a clear, simple description that allows them to know exactly what you are selling they will buy. If they do not have to spend any additional time calling or emailing about item details you will convince the customer.
6. Photos. Providing customers with a clear photo will add to the item appeal. Knowing that an item description sounds like what they want is one thing. Seeing that the item is exactly what they are looking for is the hook, line and sinker of sales.
7. Solid customer communication. Replying to customer emails promptly allows for the customer to see that you are a professional and that is what all customers expect from a sales representative.
8. Free shipping materials. You can receive free shipping supplies through USPS. This saves you money as well as time since these can be picked up in one stop, printing labels can be printed from your personal computer and USPS can pick up the package from your door.
9. Advertise your expertise. Create an about me and my world page. Tell customers about your experience behind your sales or knowledge of your items. This is reassuring to customers and can lead to a quick sale of an item.
10. Sell for a cause. Through eBay giving works display, a portion of your profit can go towards the charity or non-profit organization of your choice. This is very appealing to customers as it is a way that they can give to those in need as well as purchase the desired item for themselves.
Following the above sales steps can increase your sales on an existing site or set up your new sales account to succeed from the start. These strategies are easy to follow and provide successful results for eBay sales success.